Feedback from Parents and Carers- Partial Closure January 2021-March 2021
Feedback from Parents and Carers - Partial Closure March 2020-July 2020
Parent and Carer Questionnaire 2017-18 (closed in July 2018)
During the final part of the summer term, we sent out a parent/carer questionnaire which was advertised in the HT newsletter, Twitter, bulletins and on our Facebook pages. 103 parents completed the questionnaire (60 in the previous year). Once again, we received a lot of written feedback - both positive and constructive and where the development areas doubled, we have added them to our School Improvement Plan and written comments below.
Overall, we have seen an increase in all agree/strongly agree areas from the 2017 questionnaire which is excellent news with particular mentions for our close knit community, caring and enthusiastic staff, our enriched curriculum and the warm, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere. As one parent commented: ‘We love the Hayes’. We can only hope that Secondary School gives the values, care and individual support that you have given us. You understand individuals and what makes them unique. Thank you!’
Particular areas identified for improvement related to improving the quality of handwriting, shade in the playground, air con in the hall, more sport, more preparation for KS1 Sats and the rest can be read at the bottom of this report. These areas have been fed into discussions with staff and governors and is addressed through our school improvement plan and updated policies, where necessary. We are extremely grateful for the ongoing positive feedback which we receive during the year either via email or in person. If you have any further comments or suggestions to make, please contact Miss Slade or a member of SLT, we would love to hear from you.
- My child is happy at this school: 98% agree/strongly agree.
- My child feels safe at this school: 98% agree/strongly agree.
- My child makes good progress at this school: 97% agree/strongly agree.
- My child is taught well at this school: 98% agree/strongly agree.
- My child receives appropriate homework for their age: 93% agree/strongly agree.
- This school ensures the pupils are well behaved: 98% agree/strongly agree.
- This school deals appropriately with bullying: 89% agree/strongly agree. 8% don’t know (therefore assuming child has not been bullied).
- This school is well led and managed: 97% agree/strongly agree.
- This school responds well to any concern I raise: 96% agree/strongly agree.
- I receive valuable information about my child’s progress: 98% agree/strongly agree.
- The school gives good information about what is going on at The Hayes via the weekly bulletin, half-termly Head Teacher newsletters and updates on Twitter: 99% agree/strongly agree.
- I would recommend this school to another parent: 97% agree/strongly agree.
Please click on the this link to access the Parent View questionnaire which gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about The Hayes Primary School, from the quality of teaching to Leadership and Management. Please not this is an external questionnaire, manned by Ofsted.
We will be sending out a parent survey ourselves at the end of the Summer Term, 2019. Please watch this space!