The main objective of The Hayes PTA is to raise funds to advance the education of our pupils by providing, and/or assisting in the provision of, facilities, equipment and experiences that extend learning. We are a registered charity and all families of the children at our school are automatically members. The Association is managed by a group of volunteers.
The PTA is always looking for new volunteers and for new ideas. If you would like to become involved, please come to one of our meetings. Contact Danni Harrington for more details (or come to the school office and we will make sure a message gets to her).
In addition to the PTA, many others help to make the events a success. We couldn’t do it without the school staff. We thank all who make our wonderful PTA such a massive success!
Please click this link to travel to The Hayes PTA events page.
1) It is Great For Our Children! Being active in the PTA not only improves our school but makes you an excellent role model. Research confirms what we’ve always known: when children see parents involved in their school and learning, it encourages them to do their best.
2) It Builds Trust: Becoming part of the PTA is a great way to get to know other parents and staff, while gaining an insight into the workings of the school. With parents and staff striving towards the same goals, the parent group is instrumental in making a real difference in the school life of all children.
3) It Raises Welcome Funds: Whether it’s creating an outdoor classroom, stocking the ICT suite with new resources or arranging a visit from a top author, the funds raised from PTA activities impact massively on the opportunities and experiences of all the children at our school.
4) It Forges Connections Beyond Our School Gates: PTAs are brilliant for building relationships with the local community, from events, sponsorships from local businesses, and mentions in local press.
5) It Is Good For You: Every parent has plenty to offer a PTA, and whether it’s being on the committee, helping out at events or organising meetings, your talents will be put to good use. As well as being enjoyable and satisfying, you can build your confidence and learn new skills too.